Anthony once said in lecture: “Every people only have couple things”
Questions:
“How the Artist getting there?”
“Compare early works and late works ”
It’s so true and those things keep coming out through a different way/style/media.
I am going to talk about the first painting people done in his/her life, and how they “carry” the first painting for his/her rest art life.
While painting and painting, I more realized that the painting you made will follow you for the whole life. I didn’t mean physically, but stylish. BY purpose or not, the technical using brush, color, and style have never changed a lot. Probably form and media changed, but the style is always the same.
It’s hard to say the first painting you chose to paint is forming your style, or your style always there, it just showed in the first painting.
The first painting I painted is the reproduction of Van Gogh “starry night”, the first painting I did got 80 percent alike at my age of 15. Later on, all the painting I made is all engaged with layers and thickness texture. Even though I tried to get myself influenced by another artist with some more precise painting style, end up with still very Van Gogh-ish. I even changed my media from oil to thinner material. End up with I still try to paint thick with even thin and light material.
I went to Amsterdam two years ago and visited Van Gogh museum, everything I saw there just make me very sad, I felt I can feel him, I can talk to him and I can even have the visions in my mind that how he using brush. It’s like visiting an old lover(probably I was high because I ate one marijuana muffin before I went to the museum)
I also went to MOMA this winter in NY. That’s my first time seeing “Starry night” in person. So many people standing crowded in front that small painting, and I was literally crying, I am the only person crying. Like seeing a friend I knew online which I was talking to for so many years but never actually seeing each other.
The first painting you chose to paint will follow you the rest of life.
没有评论:
发表评论